Do you want to optimize your website to bring in more local business and/or do you have several locations you need to optimize for? Then you will need to do 6 main things including setting up a local landing page, even city-specific landing pages:
- Make your Name, Address and Phone number (NAP) Consistent across the web
- Setup a Google My Business page
- Get Good Citations
- Get Good Reviews
- Add Local Schema Data
- Setup a separate local landing page for each location
The first four steps listed above are covered in more detail in our Local Search SEO Package post while the last one regarding setting up a local landing page is covered in detail below.
Six Easy Steps to Optimizing Local Landing Page(s)
- Decide on what locations you want to focus on — be sure to include nearby locations that you service as well.
- Research your customers and what words they type into local searches. Google Analytics can help you figure out what queries people are searching for to find you.
- Use Google Trends to see if your list of keyword ideas are what people are searching for.
- Create a landing page for your location. If you have multiple locations, you will need to setup separate landing pages for each location in addition to an overview page that lists ALL of these locations and links to them.
- Add links to these local landing pages either in the Main Menu as “Locations” or to the footer. This will give more visibility and therefore ranking to these pages.
- Add content to each local landing page that will include the following:
- Add local keyphrase to your Page Title, Google Snippet’s Title and Description, and the URL/Slug.
- Write unique content on each page that is location-specific with a minimum of 300-600 words. Speak to your audience by giving them what they are looking for and include a call-to-action button that speaks to their intent.
- Add local reviews to these pages since this helps gain trust.
- Add your business name, address, phone number, opening hours, email address/contact form. Make sure to be CONSISTENT with your NAP (name, address, phone number) — list it the exact same way as in your Google My Business listing with regards to formatting.
- Add a map with detailed text directions.
- Add a photo of your office so they can recognize what it looks like if they are traveling to your office.
For the last two options listed above we strongly recommend that you purchase and add this info through the Yoast Local SEO Plugin ($69/yr) which would create the necessary schema data you need to speak to the search engines in the right way. However, you will need to use the Gutenberg Blocks editor to add this info – see screenshot below.
Hope this post has helped you in your local SEO optimization efforts. If you can do it yourself, then great, but if you would like help or want to customize the look with a little more flare, just contact us to help you. We are happy to help!