One of the most important things you can do when first creating a website is to optimize it with keywords to target your traffic better, and that requires quality keyword research. Of course, anyone can learn how to do this on their own, but the real question is do you really want to spend the time working on this (with the learning curve involved) when you could spend your time better making money and hiring a specialist who knows how to get it done right. Normally keyword research for a novice would take about a day of intensive work so compare your hourly rate with what is offered here for $500 to see if this is worth it to you. When done, you can take this report and optimize your website content with one focus keyword per page. This package gives you everything you need to get started in the right way, then Evolv can teach you how to integrate into your content or you can hire us to write your Web Page Content for up to 5 pages.
What is a keyword?
A “keyword” or what I prefer to term a “keyphrase” (because it consists of a group of words, not just one) – are the words that someone types in to Google or other search engines to find what they are looking for. You can guess all day what people are typing in but unless you do the research you won’t know exactly what the best exact phrases are in order to pull them in. You want the ones that are the most popular but not too general – more targeted to your exact products or services. Once we figure out what those exact “focus keywords” are, they should get added to various parts of the website like the URL, the page title, meta description, content, image alt tags, and more. Keep in mind that one can only use ONE focus keyword per page but you can have supporting keywords that help further the “intent” and purpose of this page and overall website.
Website SEO Keyword Research Package process & offerings:
- Client must first provide 5 topics related to what their business offers and corresponds to the 5 pages they want to optimize. Then Evolv will submit those 5 topics and a finalized sitemap (with 5 highlighted pages they want to optimize) for SEO specialist to start their research. If any of these change after report is processed, additional fees may be assessed.
- At that time, the Client can schedule an online 15-minute discovery consultation with SEO Specialist and Evolv to review Client’s keyword submissions and business offerings.
- Then the SEO Specialist will provide a list of suggested keyword terms based upon the suggested topics for Client to review and make sure we are inline with what they offer.
- Approximately 2 weeks after Client has confirmed their suggested keyword terms, the SEO specialist will provide:
- An Excel spreadsheet that outlines the recommended Focus and Supporting keywords.
- A written Keyword Research Report that includes the meta data (page titles, descriptions, and URLs) and further content suggestions for up to 5 pages.
- A link to schedule a 30-minute report review call to make content suggestions and answer any questions they may have.
- Upon approval of the report, the Client can then integrate these keywords and suggestions into their page content OR hire us to optimize their content. Client will receive training from Evolv on how to upload their meta data and content to website using the Yoast plugin that will get installed and setup by Evolv during development. The Yoast SEO plugin is optimal because it adds schema markup for your business category and social media networks. To learn more about schema markup, read our post on Using Structured Data and Rich Snippets for Rich Results
Disclaimer: Keyword terms in meta data does not ensure high rankings in the search engines, and high rankings for keywords are no longer a true factor of success (because each person now receives different results based on their usage and location). Also no one can guarantee you top search engine rankings. Only continued content development, strong keyword architecture, and the employment of an overall monthly SEO strategy will improve the overall performance of the website by giving you “targeted traffic” which is the key factor of SEO success.
If you want to try and do the keyword research yourself, read these posts on How to Research Keywords and Optimize your Website » OR How to Find Long Tail Keywords »