Our WordPress website package for artists is a great option for any artist who is struggling with the cost and time it takes to learn how to create a beautifully effective portfolio website. We will make sure you have everything you need to get up and running fast without the hastle and frustration of a long learning curve. By creating a WordPress artist website, you will be using the most popular Content Management System (CMS) that will allow you to further customize your site later with a new theme AND optimize your site better for search engines. If you want to understand why SEO experts and Google prefer WordPress over most free or cheap visual builder websites I suggest you read this Student Art Guide article “How to make an Artist Website (and why you need one)“.
With this artist website package, we will make sure you know how to edit your own content (text and photos) with a 2-hour website training AND learn basic strategies to optimize your website with keywords for search engines. If you want a quality artist website, you must hire a quality designer and developer to do it right so let us help you continue doing the creative things you love and not get bogged down by the technical challenges — all for the nominal price of $1000. Below are the full details of what a WordPress website for artists would look like:
FREE Initial Website Consultation: 2 hrs
- This is where we strategize on your sitemap (navbar), calls-to-action, and homepage ideas.
- You will receive handwritten notes and an estimate following the meeting.
- If you approve the estimate, we move forward with a contract and 50% initial payment (deposit).
Artist Website Design & Review: 1.5 hrs
- Homepage mockup limited to a logo, simple 1-line navbar, full screen slideshow with 5 max slides, 1 headline, 1 teaser and 2 call-to-action buttons (see dark and light examples below)
- 1 mockup of inside pages (see dark and light examples below)
- Half hour web review with small revisions (colors, fonts, logo, navigation items, text, photos). No layout changes allowed for this limited package.
Website Development: 6.5 hrs
- Website setup with proper settings and necessary plugins
- Develop homepage
- Setup of portfolio artist gallery (requires additional software purchase of art gallery plugin WooSlider $49) (you must enter your own content and photos)
- Setup of 5 inside blank pages including Contact page (you must enter your own content and photos)
- Setup 1 simple forms (contact form with 5 fields)
- Custom favicon & login page
- Responsive web development
- Setup of Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools
- Setup of free SSL certificate that comes included with webhost (if a new site; if old site, then we may have to charge an extra half hour to install and update database)
Website & SEO Training + Going Live: 4 hrs
- Website Content & Basic SEO Training
- Going Live & Browser Testing
What’s Not Included:
Required Hosting, Theme, and Plugins:
- Web Hosting for artists $10/mo with Siteground »
- Story Theme $61 View Demo »
- WooSlider $49 (slideshow gallery plugin) View Demo »
- Content (text and photos) will be added by client
- Permanent Redirects ($100/hr) for existing sites that need to redirect old pages to new pages
Additional Website Options for Artists:
- Custom Grid Portfolio Package $400 + UberGrid plugin $22
- Keyword Research Package $500
- Additional homepage sections ($500/section)
- Blog Customization ($500)
- Ecommerce Store ($1500)